Monday, June 2, 2014

Gigantic Pictures

You take pictures with your digital camera and then send them to someone. The person says, "This picture is gigantic! Can't you send something smaller? I don't know what to do with this!"

Of course you can! The first way is to re-size the picture on your computer and then email it. There's are really fast way, really simple software, and it takes a second. It's Paint.


  1. Right-click on the picture.
  2. Select Open With.
  3. Select Paint.
  4. You'll probably see 1/4 of the picture, if you're lucky. 
  5. No big deal at all.
  6. You see the default setting - percentage - is already selected.
  7. The horizontal and vertical values are both 100 - meaning 100%.
  8. Highlight the first 100, next to Horizontal. Enter a number, perhaps 50.
  9. For now, just to see what's happened, hit TAB.
  10. You'll see that the Vertical value also changed to 50.
  11. Your picture will now be resized 50% along the horizontal axis and 50% along the vertical axis. It will be 1/4 of the original size.
  12. Click OK.
  13. DON'T click the save button! You will overwrite your original picture!
  14. Click File Save As.
  15. When the box opens, name the file something that makes sense to you. Whenever I save a picture as a smaller version, I put Sm after the actual name. For example, if the filename is Beach, then I name it BeachSm.




No comments:

Post a Comment